Benefits of Membership in the Asheville Area Paralegal Association include, but are not limited to:
- Networking. Our monthly meetings are a great way to meet other legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers, and other legal professionals in the Asheville Area. Our monthly Lunch and Learn meetings are provided for the costs of your meal.
- Continuing Education. Our bi-annual seminars are discounted for our members, and qualify for CLE/CPE credit.
- Job Bank. Although we believe in providing job listings on our website free of charge to both employers and employees, our members are the first to receive notifications of upcoming employment opportunities.
- Professional Development. Many of our members have earned their state certification or national certification through NALA. Many of our members also serve on non-profit boards, pro-bono organizations, and serve in many areas of law.
- Professional Recognition. Our organization has an excellent reputation with many local law firms and the local bar. Membership, and especially involvement on a Committee or as an Officer, is very enticing to local employers.
- Scholarship. Our organization offers two scholarship: a student based scholarship and a membership scholarship, to be used for CPE/CLE credit, obtaining certification or pursuing a paralegal certificate.